Posts Tagged ‘enhancement filter’
Black and White Filters are commonly used in black and white photography to manipulate contrast. For example a yellow filter will enhance the contrast between clouds and sky by darkening the latter. Orange and red filters will have a stronger effect. A deep green filter will darken the sky too but will lighten green foliage and will make it stand out against the sky. Also see diffusion filters, which are used to reduce contrast.
- Red filter: Harsh reproduction, intense color deviation, strong cloud formation, good rendering of distance, even with haze.
- Orange filter: Similar effect as red filter, but not such harsh contrast and fewer color deviation effects.
- Yellow filter: Functions without color deviation.
- Green filter: Best for landscapes with a lot of forest and meadows. Creates a contrast between different shades of green.
- Blue filter: Intenifies haze, reduces contrast, produces a mist effect, obscures the distance.